A quick message to my clients. GOrate Delta heat load software has now been upgraded from a block load calculation to a room-by-room calculation. It is now operational in BETA form.
The proposed comparative heat load allows the flexibility to:
- Fine-tune the building envelope,
- provide an indication of ‘percentage above code’ improvement,
- provide a heating and cooling load indication for equipment sizing.
- provide a heating and cooling load for each room.
- assign an airtightness Target Permeability (m3/hr.m2 @ 50Pa)
- improve thermal insulation values,
- improve glazing and shading performance,
- calculate thermal bridging,
- calculate roof absorptance Solair temperature
- calculate a 24hr ventilation rate based on ASHRAE Standard 62.2
I will use this tool to help guide those seeking higher performance outcomes.